I honestly have no idea why Heather loves Shrimpies sooooo much. It must be the fact that I’ve been making them for her forever, and they are a throwback appetizer that is part comfort food, part giggle. That must be it! Or it could be the combination of toasty cheese and buttery shrimp with a little kick of pepper…
It doesn’t really matter why she loves them so much, but it does matter that they make her smile. Her smile lights up my world. And they make her friends smile, too. Just look at those adorable smiles. I love them. So make a triple-batch of Shrimpies next time you have peeps over for a football game or a drum circle or your kids come home to visit. Triple. Batch. Make someone you love smile.
- 1 (5-6 oz.) jar Kraft Old English Sharp Cheese
- ½ stick butter, softened
- A few drops of Tabasco Sauce or a couple of chopped hot & sweet peppers (you can buy them in the pickle section_
- 1 (7 oz.) crabmeat or shrimp (I usually use a bag of frozen, thawed salad shrimp)
- 6 English muffins, split
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Mix first four ingredients well and spread on split English muffins. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cut each muffin half into 8 pie-shaped sections.
- Place under a broiler for about five minutes, until bubbling and toasty.
- Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
- If you make extras, just freeze them uncooked and store in a Zip-Loc Baggie, To serve, thaw and broil.